Friday, April 10, 2009

The Love-Handle

Life becomes lethargic especially when you are working in an IT company and your tummy is growing leaps and bounds. Yes you got it right; I am going through a similar phase. My tummy growth is sinusoidal in nature. While I was in school, I was chubby (I don’t prefer to be called fat). Six packs or for that matter eight packs were not in fashion then, so life was not that tough. I move to college and then the mess food played its role. I lost almost 20% weight and then was in a position to call myself an owner of athletic body. Food was not the only thing to blame. I always kept myself busy in a lot of extra curriculars and sports, thus ended up getting a good body. Once I came out of college, the sinusoid started taking an upward trend. Two and a half years at TCS and I can again boast of having a well rounded tummy. I know the obesity is bad for health but then I am yet to reach that stage (I am yet to become a hamburger eating couch potato American). But still it feels sad at times that I have a tummy and I can not do much to get rid of it.
The emotion to get rid of this tummy was always there but no actions were taken even in this regard. But suddenly something happened and I started feeling proud of my prized possession. A friend of mine came out with a term (Not his invention but discovery for sure) to define the side lobes of this apple shaped structure and the term was LOVE-HANDLE.
A thorough analysis of this term and proposed benefits of this so called love-handle gave us a whole new angle to take our tummies as a boon rather than a bane. love-handle signifies that not only your are earning good but also are busy with your work. At this point of recession when people are losing job and those who are not losing are afraid that they might lose it soon as they do not have any work, this is one great advantage. Besides this the love-handle give you (read your partner) a great grip on you when you are doing some stuff together (don’t shy, you know what I am saying. Yes when you are walking together). I am falling short of space; else I would have written a lot more about the advantages of owning a love-handle.
So guys, if you have tummy, be proud. Boast. Show it off. Make those six packers jealous of the jewel that you own. You lead and the world will follow you.

1 comment:

Yash said...

I can understand exactly what u mean by that!!

I am a proud owner of the handle of love right since... BIRTH!!!

Its cool :)