Thursday, April 30, 2009

Alvida to people i love

And finally my last day at this project, GE Oil&Gas , at TCS. This was the only project that I was associated with during my almost 3 year long tenure at TCS. The association was long and beautiful, full of exciting days and end less fun. The journey started on 20th November 2006 and today of 30th April 2009, it is going to halt. In this story, I will write names because I want this one to be a transcript of my amazing memories that are attached to this place. I will never forget few things, things like:

20th November: for that being the first day of mine in the project.
Jan 2007- May 2007: for that being the time when I learnt most of the things. Infact that was tougher than my engineering studies at college, but then it was worth it.
New Building, 4E 43: for it being my first working cubicle.
May 2007: for Saikat being released from RTS and Niraj becoming the next module Lead.
June 2007- October 2007: for that being the 2nd most difficult times for me in project. Infinite number of issues, No Saikat, Suyash on Battle with management, Niraj was a functional resource, Anwesha and Abhishek were babies in project. For that being the time when I worked like hell. For that being an amazing learning experience in terms of Client management. For that being the time when I got introduced to Federico and Antonio.
New Building, 4W 59: My 2nd cubicle. Same chair.
November 2007: for that being the time when I absconded from office for the first time for CAT preparations.
December 2007: for that being the time when I was made module leader on federico’s request.
Jan 2008- April 2008: for that being the toughest, toughest to its maximum level, time in my career. Infinite to the power n issues. 14 hours was the average time that I spent in office. Won most number of appreciations. Fede started trusting me. And all this was because I did not crack any b-school exam so I had nothing else to do.
May 2008- October 2008: for that being the transition time when I started transferring work to Anwesha and Abhishek to fulfill my onsite dreams. Twice we didn’t get the OTM project, so 2 missed onsite opportunities.
November 2008: Absconding again from office for CAT. This time they all knew it.
Dec 2008 – Mar 2009: for that being the time when most of time in office was dedicated to studies GK studies and GD/PI preparations. And off course for being the first time when I was all set to go onsite for GECARS project.
April 2009: for that being the last month at work when I felt most liberated. This time around onsite news was not affecting much. I liked everyone around.
Fun@work: for being another team that I led with amazing people in the team. Organized numerous fun sessions at canteen and 2 huge parties at Nicco Super Bowl. I will miss writing those invitation mails.

And now some people:

Ramesh Kumar Kollana: for taking me in this project and trusting me. Helping me all these days. And being a leader to be looked upon.
Sayarnil Banerjee: for being my first guide, for teaching me SSP5, for letting me use his computer when I needed.
Saikat Kumar Das: for him being my first module leader and teaching me the things corporate way, in fact teaching me things in a tougher way. I respect him for all that he has done to me, but I never want a boss like him for myself in future 
Madhumita Ray: for teaching me what not to do at work. For teaching me how to say no to your boss and much more.
Niraj Kumar: for being my second module leader. For him being a functional resource.
Suyash Srivastava: for lots of reasons and to be simply said for just being awesome.
Ankit Sharma: for being the best support all through these days. Even now. For his motivational talks and caring attitude. For being my party buddy. For lots of other things that can not be mentioned here.
Arunava Das Choudhury: for being an ideal senior in project. No attitude. Always a helping hand. Amazing individual.
Debasis Mohanty: for him being the first person whom I know who visited china for a TCS project. For him being a quite person still rocking in parties. For him being a person who was always with us whenever we went out for weekday parties.
Anwesha Bhattacharya: for he being my cubicle mate all through these days. Sweet, caring, no attitude. She was one who always made me feel that I was worth. She is one amazing friend.
Rohit Tirkey: for being my college mate as well as my project mate. Once again a raely party guy.
Harry Zhang: for being the person whom I trusted for ant technical thing and for taking care of things which even I could not understand at times. For him being a china team mate who created trust in the whole china team.
Abhishek Guha: for being my technical support when I needed him the most. Cool headed and soft spoken.
Wasim Alam: for him being the youngest member of sourcing team. Always charged up and kicking. Will go places.
Tushar Pandey: for saving my ass for all those SSP5 issues. At times he came up with things I did not understand but I still trusted him.
Niky: for being a smart talkative girl with whom I share a good range of bandwidth. For being complex to understand at times but a perfect to make fun of at suyash’s cubicle. Will miss her drawer which remains full of chocolates.
Indranil datta: for him being one of those senior members of the project with whom I shared a great relationship. Great speaker and motivation leader. Always supported me during my CAT journey.
Durlabh Mukherjee: for being my college senior and my PL. a true party guy. He initiated most of the fun initiatives and rocked at parties also.
Makrand Tipre: for teaching me how to remain cool in tough times. For teaching me a bit of AP and for being my cubicle neighbor for sometime. His thoughts remain as amazing as he was.
Bikram Dasgupta: for him being my finance counterpart of mine and my competition. Always criticized sourcing and its people when I did the same for finance. Good at heart. Charming personality. I want him to get married, lets see.
Arindam Basu: for him being one of those people who always had a joke to crack, mostly about clients. His sensible talks were real sensible.
Navin Kayan: for him being a person who always had the latest news about TCS and who always interfered my privacy in cubicle by peeking into my computer at all the odd times.
Dipankar Sen: for him being Dipankar Sen. a replica of BB Paul from BIT.
Pallab Dasgupta, Subrata Kundu and Sourav Bose: for being the most closely nit group of the project. For even going to the toilet together.
Subrata Kundu: for being my GB project partner and making sure that it got completed. For always asking for SIPs and Proactive steps for last month when he knew that nothing like that happens in real.
Manish Saurav: for him being the PL of the project in which I was supposed to visit onsite. For hi being the most tortured TCS employee at onsite. For him being a college senior of mine and for him being a chill party.
Pushan Bagchi: for his Satyam stories, “What I believe” statements in meetings (which were like 5 minutes long, without a pause) and ever lasting commitment to JJ and PII users, John is the name I guess.
Debashree, Arun: for being exceptionally supportive during F@W activities and for being good friends. And ya Debashree is the BPO girl, phone always on.
Subhajit Bhattacharjee: for him being the most creative creature on earth making all the official websites in red, orange, yellow and other charismatic colors.
Nishad: for him being the person who maintained the Night Cab Drop excel for 2 years and finally getting released and torturing people around.
Amruta Rao: for her being the one of those RTS people from Mumbai whom I like. She is a more of a friend now than a team mate.
Federico Andres Marini: for being an awesome client IM. Supporting me always and trusting me for whatever I did. At times even moving my code to production without testing them. For being a source of inspiration and for always keeping me on my toes. Great leader and great individual.
Antonio Piseci: for him being that person who loved me and always appreciated my efforts, however small they were. At times he was irritating also but he is just Perfect!!!. And yes I will miss hi “Any News”.
Deborah Tombini: Never worked with her but even then I will remember her for being the nightmare for all the finance guys especially Manish.
Roberta Incerpi: She just loves Suyash.

I must have missed few names and few occasions but then it’s just too much of writing for today. One this is for sure, this project and its people were great, all of them. I had great time working with then. Memories will last for long…..

No comments: