Saturday, July 10, 2010

The South Masala Dosai

Finally the stay at Chennai comes to an end. It’s been just 2 months but appeared pretty long. Landed up here on 5th May. As expected it was hot but not much. New city, new type of people and people who were talking in a language that I could not understand a bit of. In such situation you start believing that everyone is there to cheat you, to make a fool out of you. You become extra cautious. So did I. First 7 days in the city were pretty difficult for primary reasons that I was the only one from my college in the city for some 7 days, almost everyone at the workplace was either very senior or very serious, so I could not connect to them well initially. Plus no one, NOONE talked in Hindi. Airtel took some 4 days to complete the activation-deactivation cycle.
But eventually this went well after the first week. Rohit Singh joined me at IIT Madras campus and office. Nitish also came to Chennai. I got a good friend in Pratibha from AIM Manila at office. And the best part, I started handing out with my old scmhrd friends. Nikita, Sameer and Purav. Though I meet Purav and Sameer in Chennai only but we hit the chord well.
I spent most of the weekends at Bangalore. Infact I booked tickets in advance for all the weekends to Bangalore and back. Several trips happened during my stay there.
Few things I learnt during my stay at Chennai
1. There is always your family to support you, all the time
2. There are few special people (friends) in your life, whom you miss all the time
3. Be it any place, you can always best the heat.
4. You talk well to people, they will always help you.
5. Give everyone a second chance, preconceived notions are not always correct
6. I was still excel at work and I haven’t lost the touch

No comments: